Essentials Of Strength Of Materials [Concise Edition] by RK Rajput
This book which deals with the various topics in the subject of Strength of Materials exhaustively. It present the subject-matter in a lucid, direct and easily understandable style. A large number of worked out simple, moderate and difficult problems are arranged in a systematic manner to enable the students to grasp the subject effectively, from examination point of view.
The book comprises of 18 chapters (including advance topics) covering the syllabi in the subject of "Strength of Materials" of all the Indian Universities and Competitive Examinations as well. It contains Experiments at the end of the chapters to enable the students to have an access to the practical aspects of the subject.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for B.E. Student.
Table of Content:
1. Simple Stresses and Strains
2. Principal Stresses and Strains
3. Bending Moments and Shearing Forces
4. Bending Stresses in Beams
5. Combined Direct and Bending Stresses
6. Shearing Stresses
7. Deflection of Beams
8. Fixed and Continuous Beams
9. Thin Shells
10. Thick Shells
11. Torsion of Circular and Non-circular Shafts
13. Strain Energy and Deflection Due to Shear and Bending
14. Columns and Struts
15. Theories of Failure
16. Stresses Due to Rotation
17. Bending of Curved Bars
18. Unsymmetrical Bending and Shear Centre