Engineering Graphics With Autocad by Dhananjay M. Kulkarni, A.P. Rastogi, and Ashoke K. Sarkar
Designed as a text for the undergraduate students of all branches of engineering, this compendium gives an opportunity to learn and apply the popular drafting software AutoCAD in designing projects. The textbook is organized in three comprehensive parts. Part I (AutoCAD) deals with the basic commands of AutoCAD, a popular drafting software used by engineers and architects. Part II (Projection Techniques) contains various projection techniques used in engineering for technical drawings. These techniques have been explained with a number of line diagrams to make them simple to the students. Part III (Descriptive Geometry), mainly deals with 3-D objects that require imagination.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for engineering students.
1. Explains fundamentals of imagination skill in generic and basic forms to crystallize concepts.
2. Includes chapters on aspects of technical drawing and AutoCAD as a tool.
3. Treats problems in the third angle as well as first angle methods of projection in line with the revised code of Indian Standard Code of Practice for General Drawing.
Table of Contents:
1. Engineering Graphics: An Overview
Part I: AutoCAD
2. Computer Aided Drafting
Part II: PROJECTION TECHNIQUES
3. Theory of Projection
4. Aspects of Technical Drawing
5. Orthographic Projections
6. Isometric Drawing
7. Interpretation of Given Views
8. Auxiliary Projections
Part III: DESCRIPTIVE GEOMETRY
9. Projections of Straight Lines
10. Projections of Planer Surfaces
11. Various Measurements
12. Projections of Solids
13. Sections of Solids
14. Development of Surfaces of Solids
15. Intersection of Surfaces
16. Freehand Sketching