Elements of Horticulture by D K Singh And S K Singh
This book the learner should know what is horticulture what is its scope and importance besides horticultural crops and their classification.
He should be able to make choice of horticultural crops for a given set of climatic and soil conditions and should be able to make decision about site selection planning planting nutrition irrigation training and pruning plant protection maturity harvest post harvest handling etc. and should know about fruiting and problems thereof for effective planning and successful venture.
This book is written in simple easy to understand language which will be highly useful to the students teachers extension personnel scientists and progressive horticulturist.
|Audience of the Book :|
|This book Useful for Agriculture students.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Each topic has been thoroughly described, the theory is rigorously developed.
2.The book also contains advanced problems useful for competitive examinations.
|Table of Contents:|
II. Fundamentals of horticultural crops
2. Orchards management.
3. Air pollution and horticultural crops.
4. Pruning and training.
5. Nutritional security of horticultural crops.
III. Fruit breeding
6. Tropical and subtropical fruits.
7. Temperate fruits.
8. Plantation crops.
IV. Seed production of horticultural crops
10. Principles of hybrid seed production.
11. Vegetable seed production.
12. Seed production of cole crops.
13. Seed production of cubits.
14. Seed production of carbonaceous and other vegetables.
15. Seed production of root crops.
16. Seed production of bulb crops.
17. Seed production of leguminous and leafy vegetables.
18. Hybrid seed production in flowers.
19. Hi tech nursery.
Appendices (Horticultural Institute).