This book offers a comprehensive introduction to the subject of power systems, providing a systematic exposition of power generation, transmission, and distribution. The author has simplified the discussion of the core concepts, making the book student-friendly. Suitable for those pursuing engineering in electrical, mechanical, and industrial disciplines, the book will also be of immense interest to those working in the field of electrical power systems. The book introduces the readers to the concept of ‘power systems’ and presents in detail the intricacies of hydroelectric, thermal, and nuclear power plants. Its area of emphasis, however, is power transmission and power distribution
2. Hydroelectric Power Plant.
3. Thermal Power Plant.
4. Nuclear Power Plant.
5. Magnetohydrodynamic System of Power Generation.
6. Different Sources of Power Generation.
7. Industrial Heating.
8. Different Factors of Power System.
9. Electrical Tariff.
10. Parameters of Transmission System.
11. Transmission and Distribution.
12. Overhead Transmission Line.
13. Transmission Line Insulator.
14. Voltage and Current Relation of a Transmission Line.
16. Underground Cable.
17. Load Flow Study.
18. Stability of Power System.
19. Symmetrical and Unsymmetrical Fault in Power System.
20. Switchgear and Protection.
21. Neutral Earthing.
Objective Type Questions