About The Book Electrical Power Systems
This textbook, in its second edition aims to provide undergraduate students of Electrical Engineering with a unified treatment of all aspects of modern power systems, including generation, transmission and distribution of electric power, load flow studies, economic considerations, fault analysis and stability, high voltage phenomena, system protection, power control, and so on. The text systematically deals with the fundamental techniques in power systems, coupled with adequate analytical techniques and reference to practices in the field. Special emphasis is placed on the latest developments in power system engineering.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
The book will be equally useful to the postgraduate students specialising in power systems and practising engineers as a reference.
Chapters on Elements of Electric Power Generation and Power System Economics are thoroughly updated.
A new Chapter on Control of Active and Reactive Power is added.
Table of Contents:
2. Fundamental Concepts of AC Circuits
Part I: ELECTRIC POWER TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION
3. General Considerations of Transmission and Distribution
4. Electrical Characteristics, Modelling and Performance of Aerial Transmission Lines
5. Overhead Line Construction
6. Underground Cables
7. Substation and Distribution System
Part II: POWER SYSTEM OPERATION
8. Elements of Electric Power Generation
9. Load Flow Studies
10. Power System Economics
Part III: POWER SYSTEM TRANSIENTS AND PROTECTION
11. Introduction to Power System Transients
12. Over-Voltage Transients in Power Systems and Protection
13. Short-Circuit Phenomena
14. Elements of Circuit-Breakers and Relays
15. Power System Stability
16. FACTS and High Voltage DC Transmission
17. Control of Active and Reactive Power
1: Laplace Transforms
2: Iterative Methods for Solving Algebraic Equations
3: Formation of Bus Admittance Matrix Using Singular Transformation
4: Optimisation Technique