This comprehensive text, now in its Second Edition, continues to provide the entire spectrum of e-governance—from definition of e-governance to its history, evaluation, e-governance models, infrastructure and manpower facilities, data warehousing possibilities in implementation of e-government projects, and strategies of success of such projects.
The text covers 22 case studies—18 Indian case studies and four International case studies. The Indian case studies include Bhoomi, a project of Karnataka Government, CARD (Computer-aided Administration of Registration Department), Smart Nagarpalika (Computerization of Urban Local Bodies or Municipalities), IT in judiciary, Sachivalaya Vahini (e-governance at Secretariat), e-Khazana (Computerization of Treasury Department), and e-Panchayat (Electronic Knowledge-based Panchayat). The international case studies are culled from USA, China, Brazil and Sri Lanka.
This book would be of great interest to students of computer science, IT courses, management and public administration. In addition, government departments—both at the centre and in various states—and administrators should find the book highly useful.
This book Useful for Management, IT students.
1. What is e-Governance?
2. E-Governance Models
3. E-Governance Infrastructure, Stages in Evolution and Strategies for Success
4. Applications of Data Warehousing and Data Mining in Governance
1. NICNET—Role of Nationwide Networking in e-Governance
2. Collectorate 2000
3. Computer-aided Administration of Registration Department (CARD)
4. Smart Nagarpalika—Computerization of Urban Local Bodies (Municipalities)
5. National Reservoir Level and Capacity Monitoring System
6. Computerization in Andhra Pradesh State Trading Corporation
7. Ekal Seva Kendra
8. Sachivalaya Vahini or e-Governance in Secretariat
10. IT in Indian Judiciary
11. E-Khazana for Government Treasury, Andhra Pradesh
12. E-Governance in the Offices of Director General for Foreign Trade (DGFT)
13. Data Warehousing in the Tamil Nadu Government
14. Data Warehouse for the Ministry of Commerce
15. PRAJA—Rural e-Seva
16. E-Seva, A New Paradigm in Citizen Services
17. E-Panchayat (Electronic Knowledge Based Panchayat)
18. General Information Services of National Informatics Centre
19. E-Governance Initiative in USA
20. E-Governance Case Study in China—Beijing Business e-Park
21. Brazil’s Poupatempo or ‘Time Saver’ Centres
22. Sri Lanka—Kothamale Community Radio Internet Project
Appendices • References • Index