| About The Book Digital Image Processing
This introduction to the fundamental concepts and methodologies of image processing is suitable for first-year postgraduate and senior undergraduate students in almost any engineering discipline, and in particular meets the requirement of the prescribed courses in the following streams:
• Electronics and Communication. • Computer Science and Engineering. • Information and Communication Technology.
The book offers a balanced exposition of basic principles and applications of image processing. It lays considerable emphasis on the algorithmic approach in order to teach students how to write good practical programs for problem solving
• Image fundamentals.
• Different image transforms.
• Image enhancement in the spatial and frequency domains.
• Image analysis.
• Image description.
• Image compression.
• Image reconstruction from projections.
• Applications of image processing in the areas of biometrics, speaker recognition, satellite imaging, medical imaging, and many more.
The style of presentation is comprehensive and application oriented, comprising examples, diagrams, image results, case studies of applications, and review questionsmaking it easy for students to understand key ideas, their practical relevance and applications.
Table of Contents:
1.Digital Image Processing.
2.Different Image Transforms.
6.Applications of Image Processing.
7.Image Coding and Image Compression.
Appendix A:Algorithm for Hadamard Transforms.
Appendix B:Examples of Watermarking Using a Block Transform.