Decision Support Systems by Janakiraman, V. S., Sarukesi, K.
This compact and easy-to-read book describes in detail the basic principles of Decision Support Systems (DSS). The book also gives a comprehensive account of the various models used in decision making process, the many facets of DSS, and explains how they are implemented. Further, it discusses the significance of business reengineering, the role of client-server technology, Internet and Intranet, and analyzes the concepts of Database Management Systems (DBMS), model management and various GUIs.Designed as a textbook for the undergraduate and postgraduate students of Computer Science and Management, this book would also be of considerable assistance to the practising professional.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for MCA Students.
Table of Contents:
1. Concepts in General Management
2. Information Systems
3. Decision Support Systems
4. Database Management Systems
5. Model-Base Management Systems
6. Dialogue Management Subsystem
7. Hardware and Software Technologies for DSS
8. Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems
9. Internet: The Future of Computing
10. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
11. Computer Networks
Appendix A: Oracle
Appendix B: Interactive Financial Planning System