Database Management System A Practical Approach
|Database Management System A Practical Approach
A DBMS forms the backbone of any software project. Without DBMS you risk building a system that is inefficient, slow and unreliable. This is so because DBMS is a second-tier in our multi-tier applications. It is a back-end tool available to us.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. This book assimilates a comprehensive matter on the subject as it is bolstered with numerous examples.
2. The contents of this book can be used by practitioners to understand the stateof-practice in the software industry.
|Table of Contents:|
1. Introduction to DBMS
2. Relational Model, Languages and Systems
5. Oracle 8 Architecture
6. Transaction Management
7. Concurrency Control Techniques
8. Recovery and Atomicity
9. Buffer Management
10. OODBMS — Object - Oriented DBMS
11. Parallel Databases
12. Web Databases
13. Advanced Topics in DBMS
14. Case Study — Data warehousing and Data Mining