| About The Book Crop Diseases And Their Management
This comprehensive and uptodate text is designed to provide information to the readers on all important aspects of plant pathology in a single volume. The information on modern areas like Disease diagnosis, Disease forecasting, Biological control, Epidemiology and Biotechnology in disease resistance and safe use of pesticides have been covered, giving most recent concepts. The text is illustrated with flow diagrams, line diagrams, photographs and tables for quick and easy understanding of the subject.
Table of Contents:
1. Plant Diseases.
2. Landmarks in Development of Plant Pathology.
3. Diagnosis of Plant Disease.
4. Disease Development.
5. Mechanism of Host Defence.
6. Genetics of Host Pathogen Interaction.
7. Disease Development in Populations.
8. Disease Measurement and Forecasting.
9. Principles of Plant Disease Management.
10. Physical Methods.
11. Regulatory Methods.
12. Cultural Practices.
13. Biological Control.
14. Management Through Host Genes.
15. Chemical Control.
16. Integrated Plant Disease Management.
17. Kingdom: Fungi.
18. Kingdom: Protozoa and Plant Diseases.
19. Kingdom: Chromista (Oomycota), and Plant Diseases.
20. Phylum: Chytridiomycota and Plant Diseases.
21. Phylum: Ascomycota and Plant Diseases.
22. Vascular Wilts.
23. Phylum: Basidiomycota and Plant Diseases.
24. Bacteria and Plant Diseases.
25. Viruses and Plant Diseases.
26. Mollicutes and Plant Diseases.
27. Nematodes and Plant Diseases.
28. Phanerogamic Plant Parasites.
29. Post-Harvest Diseases.
30. Plant Diseases of Unsettled Etiology.
31. Non-Infectious Disorders.