Cost And Management Accounting: Fundamentals And Its Applications by Suveera Gill
Cost and Management Accounting: Fundamentals and its Applications caters to a much needed requirement of a text that is contemporary and at the same time provides a concise approach to cost and management accounting in the Indian context. Every effort is made in this book to expose the students to the relevance of cost concepts in managerial decision-making.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Commerce And Management students.
1. Learning Objectives: These objectives, at the beginning of each chapter, outline the flow of a chapter and serve as points of comprehension and evaluation.
2.Chapter Opening Case: Each chapter opens with an interesting case of a hypothetical company, posing an issue directly related to the concepts covered in the chapter. This should help the student to relate the chapter's theoretical content to an actual business setting.
3. pening Case Linkages: Each chapter opening case is revisited later in the chapter, after the students have gained an understanding of the concepts and techniques needed to address it.
4. Link to Practice: All chapters incorporate multiple real-world applications of management accounting concepts. These provide an opportunity for the students to bridge the text material to actual accounting practice.
5. Research Insights: Each chapter discusses current research relevant to the theory and practice of cost and management accounting to assist students develop proper reasoning about the topics under discussion.
6. You are the Decision Maker: Each chapter poses short, thought-provoking questions in order to motivate students to apply the knowledge they have gained.
7. Ethical Dilemma (Real World Cases): The cases talk about importance of business ethics in managerial accounting
8. Coverage of Diverse Industries and Sectors: The book has a balanced mix of manufacturing, service, trading, mature and start-up companies, taken as a background to illustrate the universality of application of cost management tools.
9. Illustration Problems: Two solved review problems accompanied by solutions in each chapter. These problems demonstrate the applicability of major concepts and procedures covered in the chapter.
10. Glossary: Comprehensive glossary at the end of the book.
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Cost and Management Accounting
2. Forces Shaping Business Environment and their Effect on Cost and Management Accounting
3. Strategic Management Accounting
4. Cost Measurement and Estimation
5. Alternative Cost Accumulation Systems
6. Job Order Costing
7. Process Costing
8. Activity-Based Costing and Customer Profitability Analysis
9. Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
10. Tactical and Pricing Decisions
11. Capital Investment Decisions
12. Budgetary Planning and Control
13. Standard Costing and Variance Analysis
14. Quality and Environmental Costs: Management and Control
15. Responsibility Accounting, Performance Evaluation, and Transfer Pricing
16. Financial Statement Analysis