Compiler Design Using Flex And Yacc by Vinu V Das
This book is a comprehensive practical guide to the design, development, programming, and construction of compilers. It details the techniques and methods used to implement the different phases of the compiler with the help of FLEX and YACC tools. The topics in the book are systematically arranged to help students understand and write reliable programs in FLEX and YACC. The uses of these tools are amply demonstrated through more than a hundred solved programs to facilitate a thorough understanding of theoretical implementations discussed.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Computer Science, IT And MCA Student
1. l Discusses the theory and format of Lex specifications and describes in detail the features and options available in FLEX.
2. l Emphasizes the different YACC programming strategies to check the validity of the input source program.
3. l Includes detailed discussion on construction of different phases of compiler such as Lexical Analyzer, Syntax Analyzer, Type Checker, Intermediate Code Generation, Symbol Table, and Error Recovery.
4. l Discusses the Symbol Table implementation—considered to be the most difficult phase to implement—in an utmost simple manner with examples and illustrations.
5. l Emphasizes Type Checking phase with illustrations.
Table of Contents:
1. INTRODUCTION TO COMPILER DESIGN
2. LEXICAL ANALYZER
3. PROGRAMMING WITH FLEX
4. THEORY OF FLEX
5. SYNTAX ANALYZER
6. THE YACC
7. PROGRAMMING WITH YACC
8. THEORY OF YACC
9. SYMBOL TABLE AND TYPE CHECKING
10. INTERMEDIATE CODE GENERATION
APPENDIX A SOLUTIONS TO SELECTED EXERCISES
APPENDIX B COMBINING YACC AND FLEX