Compensation Management by Dr. Davinder Sharma
Compensation Management remains one of the most critical issues of human resource management from the standpoints of both the employer and employees. The employer wants to offer the most attractive pay package in order to attract the most talented employees from the market and at the same time wants to keep his compensation cost under control. In the same way, employees want to bargain for the best pay package along with the career opportunities and better work culture from the employer. Therefore, compensation becomes a crucial and strategic forces in human resource management. The student must know the basis and fundamentals of compensation management and the emerging trends. This book precisely provides the relevance of compensation management in a simple and effective manner. This book provides live cases from industries, which provides opportunities to the students for developing practical insight in the subject.
Key Features :
Some unique features of the book are:
• Conceptual dimension of compensation and its emerging trends.
• Theoretical base-both economic and behavioral.
• Traditional and emerging pay structures.
• Performance linked compensation and variable compensation.
• Managerial Pay including CEO's compensation.
• Expatriate compensation
• Tax planning The subject is introduced as a specialization paper at PG levels in Management Courses like MBA, PGDM, PGDBM, PGDHIR etc. This book will be of immense helps to student as well as practicing managers.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for MBA, BBA Student.
Table of Content:
1. Introduction to Compensation
2. Introduction to Compensation Management
3. Job Evaluation
4. Incentive Plans
5. Performance Based Compensation
6. EVA and Incentives
7. Reward Management in TNCS (Transnational Corporations)
8. Compensation of Chief Executives and Other Employees
9. Competency-Based Compensation Systems
10. Knowledge-Based Pay
11. Fringe Benefits
12. Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
13. Wage Boards and Pay Commission
14. Wage Determination
15. Tax Efficient Salary Package
16. Introduction to Downsizing
17. Voluntary Retirement Scheme
18. Pay Restructuring in Mergers and Acquisitions
19. Approaches and Theories of Motivation — An Overview
20. Other Contemporary Models of Motivation
21. Case Studies