Development of software projects is a part of the curriculum of under-graduate and postgraduate courses. The main objective of this book is to expose the students and professionals to the latest technology, relevant theory and software development tools.
This book serves as a guide to design and develop the cloud computing-based software projects using distributed architecture. It consolidates the theory, upcoming technologies and development tools for the development of two software projectsOutstation Claim Management System (OCMS) and Retirement Benefit Calculation System (RBCS). Both the projects start with the feasibility study to understand and appreciate the problem. After understanding the problem and identifying the suitable software, hardware and network environment, the problem is formally depicted using the entity relationship model and data flow diagrams. This is followed by normali-zation, creation of tables and procedures. In the book, Oracle, PL/SQL, Internet Developer Suite (IDS) and .Net framework are used to develop the full-fledged GUI-based applications. The book elaborates the problem, providing logic and interface screens to design and develop the projects using any other programming language and GUI tool in which the students are comfortable with.
The book also includes a CD-ROM, which contains the source codes of OCMS and RBCS.
The book is meant for the undergraduate and postgraduate students of Computer Science, Computer Applications and Information Technology. Besides, it would also be useful to the professionals to enhance their technical skills.
After going through this book, the students/professionals will be able to:
• Work on real-life projects.
• Implement the SDLC in software projects.
• Design the data flow diagrams and entity relationship diagrams.
• Use the database and normalization in software projects.
• Do the corrective, adaptive and perfective maintenance of a software.
• Learn the concepts related to IaaS, PaaS and SaaS of Cloud Computing.
• CloudComputing and Related ConceptsAn Overview
• FeasibilityStudy and System Analysis Understanding Outstation Claim Management System(OCMS)
• SystemDesign: Exploring OCMS
• Coding,Testing and Implementation: OCMS Framework and Procedures
• Coding,Testing and Implementation: OCMS Graphical User InterfaceBasic
• Coding,Testing and Implementation: OCMS Graphical User InterfaceAdvance
• Coding,Testing and Implementation: OCMS Reports
• FeasibilityStudy and System Analysis Understanding Retirement Benefit Calculation System(RBCS)
• SystemDesign: Exploring RBCS
• Coding,Testing and Implementation: RBCS Graphical User InterfaceBasic
• Coding,Testing and Implementation: RBCS Graphical User InterfaceAdvance
• SoftwareMaintenance, Documentation and Quality Management