| About The Book Business Policy And Strategic Management
This innovative introduction to business policy and strategic management, covering both the illustrative cases and conceptual foundation, offers authoritative approaches to strategic leadership in emerging markets. Among its many unique features, this comprehensively updated and revised second edition is structured to help students think strategically.
The major organizational issues in strategy development are covered through an analytical study of:
Nine different perspectives on organization to capture the rich history of the discipline and enlighten the nature of strategy.
The concept of strategic intent to guide action.
9-M model to analyze strategies in functional areas of manpower, materials, methods, money, manufacturing, machine, marketing, motivating, and manipulating.
Competitive gaming model to strategize different types of market structures.
Internetworking model to develop high-performance Internet ventures.
Strategic business model to unfold hidden value into new directions.
Value model to explain strategic elements of innovation and technology management.
Ethical and international issues in the context of corporate governance.
Strategic leadership model relevant to the emerging market ground realities.
Strategic control model (both balanced and extended scorecard) to explore the influence of environmental and cultural contexts on effective performance.
The text is well supported by more than one thousand sources of international research, India-focused case studies and experiential assignments.
This comprehensive text on theory and practice of strategic management is a must read for management students as well as business practitioners and consultants.
Table of Contents:
Section A: BUSINESS STRATEGY
1. Business Policy and Strategic ManagementAn Introduction
2. Strategic Intent
3. Business Strategy Formulation
4. Strategic Functions and Functional Strategies
5. Internal Analysis
6. External Analysis
7. Competitive Gaming Strategy
Section B: CORPORATE STRATEGY
8. Corporate Strategy Formulation
9. International Strategies
10. Strategic Organizational Design
11. Learning and Knowledge Organization Strategy
12. Public and Non-profit Organizations Strategy
13. Family and Micro Business Strategy
14. Internetworking and E-Business Strategy
Section C: ENACTMENT STRATEGY
15. Strategic Business Model
16. Strategic Innovation and Technology Management
17. Strategic Leadership
18. Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
19. Strategic Planning and Change Management
20. Strategic Control