Business Communication by Asha Kaul
It is said the future belongs to Communication. And rightly so. For today, more than ever before, the need for effective communication is being felt. This is particularly true of business communication because, organizations in their efforts to excel in business and outdo their competitors, have to be precise and extremely effective in their communication to satisfy all its stakeholdersbe they suppliers, distributors, advertisers or customers.
This book on Business Communication, now in its Second Edition, brings to fore the multidimensional aspects of Business Communicationranging from listening, speaking, developing skill sets, to exhibiting correct body language. The book emphasizes that understanding the perceptions and mindsets of the communicators and the context are crucial for business communication.
This book, which is the outcome of the rich and the vast experience of Dr. Asha Kaul and her interaction with the brilliant young minds at IIM Ahmedabad and other B-schools, should be of immense value to the budding as well as practicing managers. All readers will find this new edition extremely useful, refreshingly different, and delectably delightful.
Audience of the Book :
This book is recommended in AICTE for PGDM course & Dibrugarh University, Assam.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Extensive use of examples, anecdotes, and briefcase studies to exemplify the points/issues.
2. Checklist and Summary which are ready reckoners for a student hard-pressed for time yet desirous of learning and change.
3. Learning Objectives for each chapter and section, which bring focus to the text.
4. Activities in which the student can participate and test communication competence.
5. A comprehensive section on exercises at the end of each chapter, which are application-oriented and test the student's grasp of the subject.