| About The Book Business And Managerial Communication
This well organised book with numerous attractive features provides a comprehensive and holistic approach to business and managerial communication. It deals with the modern practices of both verbal and non-verbal communication, which has today become a core part of our personality. The book has a blend of theories and strategies adopted in speaking, listening and writing with their practical applications at the managerial, organisational, corporate, individual and group levels. Thus, the book will be of immense use to the students of management and related fields of study and professionalsmanagers, advertising, marketing and public relations executives, businessmen and HR experts. Besides, the book will prove helpful to the job seekers.
KEY FEATURES :
Illustrates theories and principles with day to day examples.
Ensures understanding of concepts explained by using practice sessions.
Gives special focus to lateral and soft skills in an exclusive chapter.
Provides case studies along with discussion questions.
Invites readers active participation by means of analytical exercises and project tasks.
Includes skill tests, communication tasks, quizzes and exercises.
Table of Contents:
1. Fundamentals and Functions of Communication
2. Barriers and Malfunctions in Communication: Perception and Reality
3. Building Active Communication Skills: The Process, Context and Classifications
4. Communication Requirements and Characteristics of Managerial Communication
5. Speech and Speaking ... Towards Endless Perfection
6. Conversational Skills: Listening and Persuasive Speaking
7. Effective Business Communication: A Bundle of Skills
8. Communication in Organisations
9. Business Writing
10. Business Correspondence, Business Meetings and Technology
11. Business Letters
12. Business and Technical Report Writing
13. Lateral and Soft Skills in Communication and Managing Self
14. Research in Business and Organisational Communication
15. Group Communication and Group Problem Solving Process
16. Management of Information
17. Motivation, Morale and Communicative Leadership
18. Conflict and Negotiation in Organisations
19. Corporate Communication I
20. Corporate Communication II
21. Resume, Cover Letters and Thank You Letters
22. The Interview Process