Analysis And Design Of Information System by V Rajaraman
One of the most important uses of computers is (as an aid to managers) to provide up-to-date information to efficiently run their organizations. Of the total number of computers installed in the world today, over eighty percent are used in organizations for management information systems. It is thus very important for all students of management, commerce and computer science to know how to design computer-based information systems to aid management. This introductory text gives a lucid, self-contained presentation to students on how to analyse and design information systems for use by managers.
Audience of the Book :
Information Systems Analysis and Design (also known as System Analysis and Design) is a compulsory subject for MCA, BCA, B.Com. and B.E. students of Computer Science and Information Technology. This book covers the syllabus of this course and that of the DOEACC (Level A) examination.
Thoroughly classroom tested and evolved out of twenty years of teaching Information Systems Design course at IIT Kanpur and IISc., Bangalore, this book presents real Indian examples.
The main features of the book are as follows:
• Covers comprehensively systems analysis and design.
• Discusses object-oriented modelling of information systems.
• A chapter on Electronic Commerce is unique to this book.
• Presents a detailed case study of a complete information system.
• Includes supplementary web material.
Table of Contents:
1. INFORMATION AND MANAGEMENT
2. EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS
3. INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYSIS OVERVIEW
4. INFORMATION GATHERING
5. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS SPECIFICATIONS
6. FEASIBILITY ANALYSIS
7. DATA FLOW DIAGRAMS
8. PROCESS SPECIFICATIONS
9. DECISION TABLES
10. USE CASE METHOD
11. LOGICAL DATABASE DESIGN
12. DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (DBMS)
13. OBJECT-ORIENTED SYSTEM MODELLING
14. DATA INPUT METHODS
15. DESIGNING OUTPUTS
16. CONTROL, AUDIT AND SECURITY OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS
17. ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
18. SYSTEM DESIGN EXAMPLE