An Introduction To Reactive Power Control And Voltage Stability In Power Transmission Systems by Chakrabarti, A. , Kothari, D. P., Mukhopadhyay, A. K. , De, Abhinandan
This text, intended for the students pursuing postgraduate programmes in Electrical Engineering, focuses special attention on the implications of reactive power in voltage stability of transmission systems. The basic concepts of power system stability and other operational aspects have been discussed. Both the advanced and the practical aspects have been highlighted. Modern concepts and applications, theoretical as well as simulated study, have been presented wherever necessary. In brief, the text presents a complete overview of the research and engineering aspects of the problem of stability, suitable both for academics and practising engineers, along with a brief historical review of the concerned topics.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for eletrical engineering students.
Table of Contents:
1. Power Transmission in Uncompensated AC Transmission Lines
2. Reactive Power Flow and Voltage Control Problems
3. Voltage Stability: Fundamental Concepts
4. Power Transmission at Voltage Stability Limit
5. Voltage Stability Indicators
6. Assessment of Voltage Stability and Security
7. Voltage Control and Improvement of Voltage Stability in Power Transmission Systems