Verification and Validation in Scientific Computing Vol III by Vinra Publication
Encyclopaedia of Uncertainty Modeling and Analysis in Civil Engineering covers study of uncertainty modeling and analysis in civil engineering. Uncertainty has been of concern to engineers, managers and scientists for many centuries. Advances in scientific computing have made modelling and simulation an important part of the decision-making process in engineering, science, and public policy.
This text provides a comprehensive and systematic development of the basic concepts, principles, and procedures for verification and validation of models and simulations.
The emphasis is placed on models that are described by partial differential and integral equations and the simulations that result from their numerical solution.
The methods described can be applied to a wide range of technical fields, from the physical sciences, engineering and technology and industry, through to environmental regulations and safety, product and plant safety, financial investing, and governmental regulations. The volume “Verification and Validation in Scientific Computing” is divided into six chapters.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Civil Engineering Students.
Table of Content:
1. Best Practices For Scientific Computing
2. A Comprehensive Framework For Verification, Validation, and Uncertainty Quantification in Scientific Computing
3. Integration of Model Verification, Validation, and Calibration For Uncertainty Quantification in Engineering Systems
4. Verification and Validation of Reynolds-Averaged Navier–Stokes Turbulence Models for External Flow
5. Assessing The Role of Mini-Applications in Predicting Key Performance Characteristics of Scientific and Engineering Applications
6. Verification of Variable-Density Flow Solvers Using Manufactured Solutions