Structural Analysis Through Short Questions And Answers by Dr. R. Vaidyanathan, Dr. P. Perumal
This slender volume is an offspring of the two volumes of “Comprehensive Structural Analysis” which are fast becoming popular among students and teachers.
When these two volumes are expanded to include more chapters such as “Finite Element Analysis”, “Kani’s Method”, etc., these questions and answers would be an integral part of them.
The questions are graded from the easy to the stiff ones. Care has been taken to include “good” questions from several university papers, questions that probe the mind rather than the memory.
A mastery of this volume will prepare the students not only for their degree but also for GATE, CES and job interviews.
Let this little book help you delve into the intricacies of structures.
many more new questions have been included in various chapters as suggested by the Publishers. This book can be treated as an addendum to Structural Analysis volumes I and II by the same authors.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Civil Engineering Students.
Table of Contents:
1. Classification and Behaviour of Structures
2. Static and Kinematic Indeterminacies of Structures
3. General Theorems and Strain Energy Method
4. Slope-Deflection Method
5. Moment Distribution Method and Naylor’s Method
6. Deflection of Determinate Structures
7. Matrix Flexibility Method
8. Matrix Stiffness Method
9. Rolling Loads
10. Influence Lines for Statically Determinate Structures—Beams and Trusses
11. Influence Lines for Indeterminate Structures
12. Model Analysis
14. Cables and Suspension Bridges
15. Space Trusses
16. Beams Curved in Plan
17. Plastic Analysis of Structures
18. Redundant Frames
19. Introduction to Theory of Elasticity
20. Introduction to the Finite Element Method
21. Kani’s Method
22. Rapid and Approximate Analysis of Building Frames
23. Bibliography & Index