Strength Of Materials And Structural Engineering (MG University, Kottayam) by S. S. Bhavikatti
This book is written as per Mahatma Gandhi University syllabus for Civil Engineering branch. The book is written in S I units. Notations used are as per Indian Standard Codes. This book will also be useful for students studying in other universities across India since there is not much difference in syllabi of their state.
The subject is developed systematically, using good number of figures and simple English. At the end of each chapter a set of problems are presented with answer so that the students can check their ability to solve problems. To enhance the ability of students to answer semester and examinations a set of descriptive type, fill in the blanks type, identifying true/ false type and multiple choice questions are also presented.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Civil Engineering students.
1. 100% coverage of new syllabus
2. Emphasis on practice of numerical for guaranteed success in exams
3. Lucidity and simplicity maintained throughout
4. Nationally acclaimed author of over 40 books
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Analysis of Deformable Bodies
2. Bending Moment and Shear Forces
3. Stresses in Beams
4. Deflections of Beams by Macaulay's Method
5. Deflection by Moment Area Method
7. Thin and Thick Cylinders and Spheres
8. Combined Stresses
9. Columns and Struts
10. Theories of Failures