Solid Waste Management by Dr. D. K. Gupta, V. K. Sonarkar, S. B. Nimbalkar
It gives us immense pleasure to present this book of Solid Waste Management for Third Year, Semester VI, Diploma students in Civil Engineering (Elective), strictly written as per the new MSBTE's 'I' scheme syllabus. This book was motivated by the desire we and others including MSBTE had to further the evolution of the specialized courses in Civil Engineering.
This book deals with solid waste which is the unwanted or useless solid materials generated from combined residential, industrial and commercial activities in a given area. It may be categorized according to its origin (domestic, industrial, commercial, construction or institutional); according to its contents (organic material, glass, metal, plastic paper etc); or according to hazard potential (toxic, non-toxin, flammable, radioactive, infectious etc). Management of solid waste reduces or eliminates adverse impacts on the environment and human health and supports economic development and improved quality of life. A number of processes are involved in effectively managing waste for a municipality. These include monitoring, collection, transport, processing, recycling and disposal.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Civil Engineering Students.
Table of Content:
1. Fundamentals of Solid Waste Management
2. Storage, Collection and Transportation of Municipal Solid Waste
3. Disposal of Municipal Solid Waste
4. Biomedical Waste Management and Health Aspects and Public Involvement in Solid Waste Management
5. Industrial Waste Management and E-waste Management
6. Legal Aspects of Solid Waste Management