The book is intended to serve as a textbook for courses in Solar Energy Engineering taught to engineering students. The aim is to provide ample information concerning all forms and topics of solar energy, being I hope, both as a textbook as well as a work of reference.
In the near future the present energy conversion systems will change drastically, due to lack of conventional fuels, the political uncertainties related to the supply of petroleum, a rising population and rapid technological advancement. Within this framework solar energy will play a prominent role. That is why this subject is being introduced in the syllabus of engineering courses of various universities.
This book Useful for Electrical Engineering Students.
1. General Introduction
2. Heat Transfer for Solar Energy Utilisation
3. Solar Radiation Analysis
4. Solar Radiation : Measurements, Data and Estimation
5. Solar Collectors: Liquid Flat Plate Collectors
6. Solar Collectors : Flat Plate Air Heating Collectors (Solar Air Heaters)
7. Solar Collectors: Focusing Type
8. Performance Thsting of Solar Collectors
9. Storage of Solar Energy
10. Solar Ponds
11. Solar Water Heating
12. Solar Heating of Buildings
13. Solar Cooling of Buildings
14. Solar Thermal Power Generation
15. Solar Photo-Voltaics : Electric Power Generation
16. Some Additional Methods of Solar Energy Utilization
17. Selective Surfaces for Solar Energy Conversion
18. Indirect Sources of Solar Energy Conversion