This series of Sccial Science books for classes VI. VII and VIII is written as per the NCERT syllabus. These books atlempt to promote the understanding of history, geography and civics among the students. The series tries tosatiate the curiosity of the students,
The tools and techniques used for assessment, based on CCE, are interesting, relevant and meaningful and involve students for greater participation in studying. The series provides various chapter-related questions under different types of Assessments and topic wise activities/project work. based on CCE Scheme.
History section introduces the students to historical development from pre-historic era to present day. The chapters are arranged in a chronological order. This section includes events corroborated by inscriptions, aceounts by foreign travellers, court historians pictures, maps and records obtained from the archives. The special features are case studies for in-depth learning, timeline charts, historical maps ‘o locate places and routes taken by the voyagers, explorers and traders. Illustrations and photograph; of various events, rulers and buildings are a ysual treat to the studerts.
Geography section familiarises the students not only with thegeography of the country but also with the environment. It inculeates a posit-ve attitude and sensitivity in students towards the environ- ment. This section includes maps, thematic pictures, diagrams, data, etc.
Civics section introduces the students to political and social institutions of the country - The type of government, the ideals of the country, how the government i: formed and people responsible for it. The aim is to help students understand the meaning of diversity and constitutional values of the country. This section also contains illus:rations and flow diagrams.
This book Useful for Class VII Students.
1. India in Medieval Period
2. Emergence of New Dynasties
3. The Delhi Sultanate
4. The Mughal Empire
5. Architecture during the Medieval Period
6. Towns. Traders and Craftspersons
7. Tribes. Nomads and Settled Communities
8. Religious Ideas in the Medieval Period
9. The Origin of Regional Cultures
10. Eighteenth Century: Political Formations
11. Our Environment
12. The Earth's Interior and its Materials
13. The Changing Earth
14. Composition and Structure of the Atmosphere
15. Elements of Weather and Climate
16. Atmospheric Pressure and Winds
17. Humidity and Precipitation
18. Water and its Circulation
19. Natural Vegetation and Wildlife
20. Human Environment and Settlements
21. Transport and Communication
22. Life in the Natural Regions
23. Equality: The Soul of Democracy
24. Role of the Government in Health
25. Functioning of the State Government
26. Discrimination Against Women
27. Women in the Changing World
28. Understanding Media
29. Understanding Advertising
30. Markets Around Us
31. Market Opportunities
32. Struggles for Equality