The Social Science curriculum draws its content mainly from Geography, History, Political Science and Economics. Some elements of Sociology and Commerce are also included. Together they provide a comprehensive view of society-over space and time, and in relation to each other. Each subject’s distinct methods of enquiry help the learners to understand society from different angles and form a holistic view.
This book Useful for Class IX student.
UNIT-1: India and the Contemporary World – I
1. French Revolution
2. Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution
3. Nazism and the Rise of Hitler
UNIT-2: India—Land and the People
1. India : Location, Size, Relief, Structure and Major Physiographic Units
2. Drainage : Major Rivers
UNIT-3: Democratic Politics – I
1. Democracy in Contemporary World
2. What is Democracy ? Why Democracy ?
3. Designing Democracy in India
UNIT-4: Understanding Economics – I
1. The Economic Story of Palampore
2. People as Resource