Riding Two Tigers by Arup Roy Choudhury
In Riding Two Tigers, Arup Roy Choudhury, one of India's most awarded CEOs, shares his key learnings and insights from the corporate world with those who aspire to climb the ladder so they may not have to 'reinvent the wheel', and debate the role and need for an 'anchor' in doing so. He also discusses how you can reach the pinnacle despite not being toppers in either school or college.
Arup shares how his guru became his anchor and guiding light, and helped him face two tiger-like challenges: one, resurrecting a derailed company waiting for sale, and the other one, transforming a directionless behemoth.
The book will enable managers, would-be managers, executives and beginners, across levels in the corporate triangle, to hold the ground and tame their 'tigers' on their way up!
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Leisure Read.
Table of Contents:
1. How It All Began
2. Patna School & College
3. The First Job
4. Life at Baqubah and Learnings
5. Back Home in India and Higher Education
6. Deciding to Get Married
7. Surviving the “Slogging Days”
8. Deciding to Take a Risk
9. Learning to Acknowledge the Existence and Need for Creation of “The Lala” in a Business Enterprise
10. The Invisible Lala
11. Lessons from the Divine Life of My Guru Maharaj Jee
12. Chairman at 44 Riding the Tiger
13. Staying with the Public Sector
15. Vindication, Gratitude and Recognition