The Railway Recruitment Board conducts the RRB JE exam for the recruitment of junior engineers in the Indian Railways. It is a well paying job with a great scope of career growth, making it a lucrative employment avenue for engineering diploma holders and graduates. The vacancies for this job are, however, limited in comparison to the high volume of applicants. That combined with the technical nature of the exam makes it imperative for aspirants to give it their all in preparing for the RRB JE exam. Working with the right study materials and including RRB JE previous year papers in your preparation strategy play a decisive role in that process.
The RRB JE selection process is divided into four stages – CBT (Computer Based Test) 1, CBT 2, document verification and medical examination. For candidates aiming for the post of RRB
JE, the focus must be on excelling in the CBT 1 and CBT 2 exams.
CBT 1 is divided into four sections – mathematics, general intelligence and reasoning, general awareness, and general science – comprising 30, 25, 15 and 30 questions, respectively, of one mark each. You get 90 minutes to attempt this 100-mark paper.
Candidates are shortlisted for the CBT 2 exam based on their merit in the CBT 1. The second exam in the RRB JE selection process is more technical in nature and comprises questions related to general awareness, physics and chemistry, basics of computer application, basics of environment and pollution control, and technical abilities, carrying 15, 15, 10, 10 and 100 marks. The paper amounts to a total of 150 marks and must be attempted in 120 minutes.
There is also a provision of negative marking of 1/3rd of the allotted marks for every wrong answer in both CBT 1 and 2.
The Right Approach to Solving the RRB JE Previous Year Papers
Considering the provision of negative marking and stringent time limit of both these exams, building on speed and accuracy must be your objective when working with the Railway RRB JE exam question papers. Here’s the right approach to work toward that objective:
- Always start your RRB JE past year papers attempts with your strongest section, and save the sections you find more difficult for later.
- Go through all the questions in a section in a sequential manner before you start attempting them, and assess which ones you will be able to solve.
- Only attempt the questions you are absolutely certain about in the beginning. Then revisit the section to identify the questions you may be able to solve and try answering these. Skip the ones you have no idea about and move on to the next section.
- Time your Railway RRB JE previous year question papers attempts every single time and try to get through the entire question paper within the allocated time limit.
- Do not answer any question in a hurry or without fully understanding the question. At the same time, do not spend too much time stuck on a single question. If you can’t seem to crack it or are unsure about your answer, move on.
Benefits of Solving RRB JE Previous Year Papers
Solving the RRB JE previous year papers will help bolster your performance in the actual exam immensely. Here’s how:
- The more RRB JE solved previous year papers you attempt, the better familiarised you’ll be with the nature of questions asked in the exam.
- It’ll give you more than a fair idea of the difficulty level of the CBT 1 and 2 exams.
- Analysing Railway RRB JE exam question papers from the past 10 years and comparing the question with the topics in your RRB JE books will help you identify which parts of the syllabus are more important. You can then readjust your preparation focus accordingly.
- You will get a realistic idea of your preparedness.
- Repeated Railway RRB JE exam question papers attempts will help improve your speed, accuracy, and test-taking strategy.
At KopyKitab, you can find an exhaustive range of RRB JE previous year question papers PDF download options. Choose from top-rated RRB JE CBT 1 previous year question papers PDF download and RRB JE CBT 2 previous year question papers, along with the best RRB JE books, to embark on a road to success with your ambition.