Principles Of Transportation Engineering by Partha Chakroborty, Animesh Das
This book is designed to serve as a comprehensive text for undergraduate as well as first-year master’s students of civil engineering in India. Now, in the second edition, the book incorporates a thorough revision and extension of topics covered in the previous edition. In order to keep the treatment focused, the emphasis is on roadways (highways) based transportation systems.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Civil Engineering students.
1. Analysis of characteristics of vehicles and drivers that affect traffic and design of traffic facilities.
2. Principles of road geometry design and how to lay a road.
3. Characterization and analysis of flows on highways, unsignalized and signalized intersections, toll plazas, etc.
4. Design principles for traffic facilities.
5. Engineering characteristics of pavement materials.
6. Structural analysis and design of highway pavements.
7. Principles of pavement design with special reference to the Indian conditions.
8. Evaluation and maintenance of highways.
Table of Contents:
Part I: Traffic Engineering
2. Properties Of Traffic Engineering Elements
3. Highway Geometric Design
4. Traffic Flow
5. Design Of Traffic Facilities
Part II: Public Transportation
6. Public Transportation Systems
7. Capacity Of Transit Systems
Part III: Transportation Planning
8. Transportation Planning Process
9. Transportation Demand Analysis
Part IV: Pavement Engineering
10. Pavement Materials And Characterization
11. Pavement Analysis
12. Pavement Design
13. Highway Construction
14. Highway Maintenance
Part V: Transport Economics
15. Highway Economics And Finance