The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is responsible for conducting several recruitment exams every year for the purpose of filling up posts in various government offices and departments. The SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL) exam for recruitment of data entry operators (DEO), lower divisional clerks (LDC), sorting assistants, postal assistants and so on is one of the most popular exams conducted by the commission. Since the eligibility criteria for the exam is a Class 12 pass certificate and it opens up employment avenues in many different job profiles, the SSC
CHSL exam attracts of lakhs of candidates every year. Give the highly competitive nature of this exam, a strategized study plan is essential to crack the SSC CHSL exam with ease. And basing your preparation on SSC CHSL previous year papers will help you develop and stick to a strategic approach.
The SSC CHSL exam is conducted in three phases – Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.
The Tier 1 exam is an objective type computer-based exam. The MCQs in this exam is divided into four sections – general intelligence, English language, quantitative aptitude, and general awareness. The exam comprises 100 questions, carrying 200 marks, which must be attempted within the given 60-minute duration. There is also a provision of negative marking of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer. Except for the English language section, all questions are set in English as well as Hindi.
The Tier 2 exam is an offline exam of a more descriptive nature, where candidates are required to write essays, letters and/or applications of 150-250 words. This exam amounts to 100 marks divided between these two sections and also has a 60-minute duration. The exam can be attempted in either English or Hindi and the qualifying marks are set at 33 percent.
The final selection, however, is based on the total score in Tier 1 and Tier 2 exams. The qualifying candidates then appear for the Tier 3 exam, which involves a skill test or typing test for the post data entry operator.
The Right Approach to Solving SSC CHSL Previous Year Papers
Now that you know what the SSC CHSL exam entails, the next step is logical step is to refer to SSC CHSL exam question papers
for your preparation. Besides using these papers as the guiding point for identifying which parts of the SSC CHSL
books to focus on, you must also make it a point to solve as many as SSC CHSL past year papers during the course of your preparation and do it the right way. Here are some important points to bear in mind when attempting SSC CHSL previous year papers:
- Begin by analyzing different sets of SSC CHSL previous year papers. This helps you assess the difficulty level of the exam.
- Make it habit to start attempting SSC CHSL exam question papers with questions you are confident about, saving the more tricky ones for the last.
- Bear in mind that you have only one hour solve both Tier 1 and Tier 2 questions, so use practice attempts with SSC CHSL previous year papers for improving your speed as well as accuracy.
- Once you have finished the paper, revisit the questions you were not able to solve them in the first attempt.
- Set aside time for an objective assessment of your SSC CHSL past year papers performance and use this opportunity for identifying the areas you need to improve in. Then, study all of these topics from a fresh perspective.
Benefits of Solving SSC CHSL Previous Year Papers
Solving the SSC CHSL previous year papers regularly strengthens your preparation in more ways than one. Some of the top benefits of working with SSC CHSL past year papers include:
- It helps you develop an understanding of the exam pattern, marking scheme and the number of questions in every section.
- You not only become well-versed with the type of questions asked in the exam but also zero-in on repeat questions that feature in a majority of SSC CHSL previous year papers. If you solve SSC CHSL exam question papers from the past 10 years, you will cover a majority of questions expected in the actual examination, thus, improving your chances of securing a high score.
- There isn’t possibly a more authentic source for putting your preparation levels to test than SSC CHSL Solved previous year papers.
- Regular practice attempts help improve your speed and accuracy.
- It gives you a fair idea about which topics are more important than the others and helps you build a sound strategy where you can score by studying smart and not just studying hard.
At KopyKitab, we offer you a wide range of SSC CHSL previous year question papers PDF download options that include both SSC CHSL Tier 1 previous year question papers PDF download and SSC CHSL Tier 2 previous year question papers in English as well as Hindi. These previous years’ papers, combined with some of the best selling SSC CHSL books and study materials, serves as a strong foundation to base your preparation on.