We are very glad to present the book “PHY– 203: PRACTICAL PHYSICS’’ in the hands of FYBSc students. The book is strictly written and complied according to the semester pattern syllabus framed by the Board of Studies in Physics, KBC, NMU Jalgaon, for First year BSc to be implemented from June 2018 and is written in lucid, simple language giving exhaustive details.
This will help in generating interest and thorough understanding of the subject. We hope, this book will be useful for the students and teachers.
This book is Useful for B.Sc Students.
1. To use a Multimeter for measuring (a) Resistances, (b) A.C. and D.C. Voltages, (c) D.C. Current, and (d) checking electrical fuses.
2. Determination of the current sensitivity of a moving coil ballistic galvanometer.
3. Determination of the charge sensitivity of a moving coil ballistic galvanometer.
4. Measurement of Critical damping resistance (CDR)
5. Determine a high resistance by Leakage Method.
6. To compare capacitances using De Sauty’s bridge.
7. To study the a series LCR circuit and determine its (a) Resonant Frequency, (b)
8. To study a parallel LCR circuit and determine its (a) Anti-resonant frequency
and(b) Quality factor Q
9. To determine a Low Resistance by Carey Foster’s Bridge.
10. Verification of Kirchhoff’s laws.
11. To verify Thevenin’s theorem.
12. To verify Norton’s theorem.
13. To verify Maximum Power Transfer Theorem.
14. To verify Joule’s law.
15. To determine time constant of R-C circuit using charging and discharging of
condenser through resistor.
16. Determination of time constant of L-R circuit.
17. Electric billing with energy meter.
18. Frequency of a. c. using vibrating wire and magnet.
19. To determine efficiency and turns ratio of transformer.