About The Book Power Electronics
Designed for undergraduate students of electrical engineering, this book offers a thorough understanding of the basic principles and techniques of power electronics as well as its applications. It will also be useful to postgraduate students and practising engineers involved in the design and applications of power electronics.
Divided into nine chapters, the book covers the family of thyristors (SCR) including its characteristics, operation, turn-on and turn-off procedures. It also discusses power transistors, MOSFET, IGBT, phase-controlled rectifiers, AC voltage controllers and cycloconverters, choppers, inverters and other devices. The well-illustrated diagrams, the worked-out examples and the chapter-end questions help students to absorb concepts, and thus reinforce the understanding of the subject.
Table of Contents:
2. DEVICES AND COMMUTATION CIRCUITS
3. PHASE-CONTROLLED CONVERTERS
4. SINGLE-PHASE FULLY-CONTROLLED CONVERTERS
5. THREE-PHASE LINE COMMUTATED CONVERTERS
6. AC VOLTAGE CONTROLLERS AND CYCLOCONVERTERS
7. DC CHOPPERS
9. APPLICATIONS OF FACT AND RESONANT CONVERTERS