| About The Book Performance Appraisal And Compensation Management
This well-written volume, now in its Second Edition, continues to offer, in a clear and easy-to-read style, a comprehensive coverage of the various aspects of performance appraisal and compensation management. Written by a practicing manager who has also lectured extensively in premier management institutes, the text focuses on real core issues which are the tools for appraising the performance of an individual.
In this edition, seven new chapters on key performance areas, the bell curve approach, competency mapping, new trends in training and development, recession, correlating compensation with performance and writs are included to cover the latest developments in the field.
This book is intended as a text both for students of management and commerce. It will also serve as a useful tool for managers, executives and HR practitioners who are confronted with many performance management issues in their work scenario.
What the Reviewers Say
Professor Goel has done it again! He has taken the complicated world of Performance Appraisal and put it into a highly readable and informative volume. He backs up his theories with well researched data and examples that will make this book a must have for any managers library.
Prof. MIKI LANE, Adjunct Professor, McGill University, Montreal, Canada,
Dewakars book is a timely addition to the growing literature on Performance Management. I have enjoyed reading his book and recommended it to all.
Prof. VINAYSHIL GAUTAM, Founder-Director, IIM (K), and Professor & Head,
Professor Dewakar Goels work on Performance appraisal is worthy of the highest acclaim. In 20 years as a Management Trainer, I have not seen a better reference that provides such a refreshing alternative perspective to the many Western centric volumes and assists readers to grasp the often elusive cultural aspects of modern day management with the region.
TERENCE F. ALTON, Management and Training Consultant, ICAO, Bangkok.
Table of Contents:
|Foreword Preface Preface to the First Edition|
1. Understanding Human as Resource
2. Performance AppraisalAn Overview
3. Modern Methods of Appraising Performance
4. Appraisal Based on Key Performance Areas
5. Exploring Bell Curve Approach in Appraisal
6. Competency Mapping to Enhance Performance
7. Communication SkillsAn Art to Learn
8. MotivationAn Effective Tool
9. LeadershipAn Essential Quality
10. Job Relates to Performance
11. Appraising Performance and Counselling
12. Emotional BiasA Killer to Appraisal
13. Conflict Affects the Performance
14. New Trends in Training and Development
15. RecessionA Myth or Reality
16. Compensation as Offshoot of Performance
17. Correlating Compensation with Performance
18. WritsThe Last Resort to Seek Justice
19. Effect of HRM Practices on MNCs Performance