It is a great honour for me to write the first edition of the CBSE Geography for Class XII. The book follows the latest Geography syllabus prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. It provides students a comprehensive understanding of the subject and covers the Geography syllabus thoroughly. The language used in the book is simple lucid and easy to understand yet not detracting any of the important esential geographic terms.
Geography is one of the most useful and practical subjects for today’s aspiring students. With so many environmental and physical changes brought on this planet due to human activities, it has become a very vital subject for the understanding of the Earth. It is the only subject that enhances the young minds the love for Mother Earth and the interrelationship that exists between people and their surroundings as geographer Vi-Fu Tuan said in 1991, “Geography is the study of Earth as the home of the people.” The book has three sections as per the latest syllabus. Part-A deals with the Fundamentals of Human Geography, Part-B with India’s People and Economy and Part- C deals with Practical Geography.
This book Useful for Class XII Students.
1. Carefully structured text in simple language.
2. Appropriate maps, photographs, diagrams and illustrations used to supplement the text.
3. ‘Did you know ?’ texts in many chapters to enhance the students’ interests
4. Every chapter has short and long answer questions with the appropriate marks for examinations
5. Board Questions are included right up to 2017.
Part-a : Human Geography
1. Human Geography (Nature And Scope)
2. Population (Distribution, Density, Growth And Composition)
3. Population Composition
4. Human Development
5. Primary Activities
6. Secondary Activities
7. Tertiary And Quaternary Activities
8. Transport And Communication
9. International Trade
10. Human Settlements
Part-b : India : People And Economy
1. Population (Distribution, Density, Growth And Composition)
2. Migration : Types, Causes And Consequences
3. Human Development
4. Human Settlement
5. Land Resources And Agriculture
6. Water Resources
7. Minerals And Energy Resources
8. Manufacturing Industries
9. Planning And Sustainable Development In Indian Context
10. Transport And Communication
11. International Trade
12. Geographical Perspective On Seleted Issues And Problems
Part-c : Type And Sources Of Data
1. Type And Sources Of Data
2. Data Processing
3. Graphical Representation Of Data
4. Use Of Computer In Data Processing And Mapping
5. Field Surveys
6. Spatial Information Technology