Modern Machining Methods which are discussed in this book belong to the category of Non-Traditional Machining methods. In the early stages of development, the investigations in the area of “modern machining methods” were almost purely academic in nature. Today, the modern machining methods are no longer mere laboratory processes ; these processes have already entered many production lines.
This book Useful for Mechanical Engineering Students.
2. Spark Erosion Machining (Electro-Discharge Machining - EDM)
3. Ultrasonic Drilling (USD)
4. Abrasive Jet Machining & Water Jet Machining
5. Chemical Machining (Chemilling) (CHM)
6. Electro-Chemical Machining (ECM)
7. Electrochemical Grinding (ECG)
8. Plasma Arc Machining (PAM)
9. Laser Beam Machining (LBM)
10. Electron Beam Machining (EBM)
11. Comparison of New Methods of Machining
12. Advanced Ceramics
13. Need for Machining of Advanced Ceramics
14. Different Methods of Machining of Advanced Ceramics
Review Questions in Modern Machining Methods