It gives me an immense pleasure in presenting this book, ‘Mobile Computing’. This book has been designed to serve as a text book for students of Master of Computer Application (MCA), Semester – IV.
The goal of presenting this book is to introduce and explain the basic concepts of Mobile Computing as well as android application development. This book is an introduction to the field of mobile communications and it also explains about all the aspects of mobile communication, a brief knowledge of Internet and networking. The last chapters of this book contain the introduction to new operating system, android environment. This will surely help students to understand the practical aspect of this system along with theory. This book will assist students to write complete software application using android development environment. For the students familiar with Java Programming language, this book will be an accelerated guide and a comprehensive reference for developing application using android.
This book has been written which reflects the newly revised syllabus of University of Pune. I have tried to keep the language as simple and lucid as possible. It highlights important concepts by giving suitable examples wherever necessary. It comprises a wide collection of methods and constructors along with syntax and their appropriate explanation.
This book Useful for MCA students.
1. Introduction to Mobile Communications and Computing
2. Wireless LANs and Application Overview
4. Access Technologies
5. Database Issues
6. Platforms/Operating Systems for Application Development
7. Android Application Development
8. Designing the User Interface
9. Starting with Application Coding
10. Accessing Location Based Services Application
11. Data Storage, Retrieval and Sharing
12. Introduction to SQLite
13. Peer-to-Peer Communication
14. Accessing Android Hardware
15. Publishing Android Application to Market