Mechanical Engineering : Fundamentals
Mechanical Engineering : Fundamentals by Devendra Vashist
The various topics of Mechanical Engineering that are being taken care of in the book are as follows: 1. Machine tool, and fabrication processes
2. Thermodynamics, I.C. engines and steam turbines
3. Hydraulic turbines and pumps ï Refrigeration and air-conditioning
4. Power transmission methods and devices
5. Stresses, strain, shear force and bending moment diagrams.
6. Numerical control machines. (NC and CNCs).
7. Applied mechanics
Audience of the Book :
This book provides fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering for the undergraduate students of all branches of engineering.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Objective type questions are provided at the end of each unit so that students can check their knowledge before appearing in a viva voce.
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Commonly used Machine Tools in a Workshop
2. Basic Concepts of Thermodynamics
3. Properties of Steam and Steam Generators (Boilers)
4. Refrigeration and Air- Conditioning
5. Hydraulic Turbines and Pumps
6. Power Transmission Methods and Devices
7. Stresses and Strain
8. Manufacturing System
9. Shear Force and Bending Moment Diagram
10. Fabrication Process
11. Applied Mechanics
12. Steam Turbines, Condensers, Cooling Towers, I.C. Engines and Gas Turbine