Managing Intellectual Property : The Strategic Imperative by Vinod V. Sople
The book, now in its fifth edition, offers a comprehensive treatment of Intellectual Property concepts and their applications in Indian industry. It provides a strategic framework for IP management, leading to competitive advantage for a business enterprise. Besides explaining the conceptual framework and practices of IP management, the book discusses IP as a strategic tool, its commercial exploitation and strategies for risk management of IP. Web-based material comprising chapter-wise PowerPoint Presentations (PPTs) and Multiple Choice Questions is available at www.phindia.com/sople.
This book is primarily intended as a text for postgraduate students of management, students of engineering and those who are pursuing certificate, postgraduate diploma or degree courses in IPR. In addition, professionals and corporate decision-makers should find the text valuable.
|Audience of the Book :|
|This book Useful for MBA Student.|
|Table of Contents:|
Part I: Intellectual Property—A Strategic Tool
1. Intellectual Property System.
2. IP Rights and Marketing Regulations.
3. IP Management Framework.
4. IP Audits.
Part II: Intellectual Property—Legal Protection
5. Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs).
9. Trade Secrets.
10. Industrial Designs.
11. Geographical Indications (GI).
12. Semiconductor Integrated Circuit Layout Design.
13. The Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights (PPVFR)
14. Biodiversity and Traditional Knowledge.
Part III: Intellectual Property—Industry Practices and Issues
15. IPRs in Cyber Space.
16. IPRs in Pharmaceutical Sector.
17. IPRs in Fashion Industry.
18. IPRs in Biotechnology Sector.
Part IV: Intellectual Property—Exploitation and Risk Coverage
19. Intellectual Property Licensing.
20. Intellectual Property Insurance.
21. Securitisation of Intellectual Property.
22. Valuation of Intellectual Property.
23. Filing Patent Application.
Annexures—1. International Patent Classification Schemes.
2. International Schedule of Classes of Goods and Services for Trademarks.
3. Locarno Classification for Industrial Designs.
4. Information Sources on Intellectual Property Rights.
Glossary. Company Index. Subject Index.