Limit State Design In Structural Steel by M R Shiyekar
It covers the fundamental concepts of steel design in the perspective of the limit state design concept as per IS 800:2007, with the focus on cost-effective design of industrial structures, foot bridges, portal frames, and pre-engineered buildings. The connection design details are discussed concurrently with the design of members.
Audience of the Book :
The book is primarily designed for the students of civil/structural engineering at all levels of studies undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma as well as for the professionals in the field of structural steel design
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. The book covers the subject matter, with the help of numerous practical illustrations accompanied by step-by-step design calculations and detail-ing, in 14 chapters including a chapter on pre-engineered buildings.
2. Solved examples as well as exercises are provided in each chapter to enable the development of a strong understanding of the underlying concepts and for testing the comprehension acquired by the students.
Table of Contents:
2. Philosophy of Limit State Design
3. Tension Members
4. Compression Members
5. Plastic Analysis
6. Flexural Members—Laterally Supported
7. Flexural Members—Laterally Unsupported
9. Plate Girder
10. Column Bases
11. Portal Frames
12. Industrial Structures
13. Foot Bridge
14. Pre-Engineered Buildings