| About The Book Labour And Industrial Laws
This comprehensive and well-organised text, now in its Second Edition, explains, with great clarity and precision, the labour and industrial laws such as the Industrial Disputes Act, the Factories Act, and the Contract Labour Act. While giving a broad perspective of the subject, the text brings out the objectives behind the enactment of every legislation, discusses the relevant case laws and shows how the Constitution is related to labour laws. Formulas for the calculation of compensation for retrenchment, death, permanent disablement are also provided. Legal jargon has been completely avoided so that anyone having some knowledge of the subject can understand these laws with ease.
In this edition, the amendments made in the ID Act, the ESI Act, the Payment of Gratuity Act, the Payment of Bonus Act and the Employees Compensation Act have been incorporated.
This book is recommended in Gauhati University, Assam, University of Kalyani, West Bengal for B.A.LL.B. (Honours), Biju Patnaik University of Technology for MBA, Ravenshaw Business School, Odisha, XLRI Jamshedpur, XISS Ranchi, St. Xavier College, Ranchi, Patna University.
The book is primarily meant for the undergraduate and postgraduate students of law, management and the postgraduate students of commerce. Besides, students pursuing professional courses such as Company Secretaryship (CS) and Cost Accountancy (ICWA) would also find the book very useful.
Table of Contents:
Preface to the First Edition
Table of Cases
2. THE INDUSTRIAL DISPUTES ACT, 1947
3. THE CONTRACT LABOUR (REGULATION AND ABOLITION) ACT, 1970
4. THE CHILD LABOUR (PROHIBITION AND REGULATION) ACT, 1986
5. THE PAYMENT OF BONUS ACT, 1965
6. THE PAYMENT OF GRATUITY ACT, 1972
7. THE INDUSTRIAL EMPLOYMENT (STANDING ORDERS) ACT, 1946
8. APPRENTICES ACT, 1961
9. THE MINIMUM WAGES ACT, 1948
10. THE PAYMENT OF WAGES ACT, 1936
11. THE TRADE UNIONS ACT, 1926
12. THE EMPLOYEES COMPENSATION ACT, 1923
13. THE EMPLOYEES STATE INSURANCE ACT, 1948
14. EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUNDS AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS ACT, 1952
15. THE FACTORIES ACT, 1948