This comprehensive and well-organised text, now in its Third Edition, explains, with great clarity and precision, the labour and industrial laws such as the Industrial Disputes Act, the Factories Act, and the Contract Labour Act. While giving a broad perspective of the subject, the text brings out the objectives behind the enactment of every legislation, discusses the relevant case laws and shows how the Constitution is related to labour laws. Formulas for the calculation of compensation for retrenchment, death, permanent disablement are also provided. Legal jargon has been completely avoided so that anyone who is not expert in this particular subject can also understand these laws with ease.
The book is primarily meant for the undergraduate and postgraduate students of law and management as well as for the postgraduate students of commerce. Besides, students pursuing professional courses such as Company Secretaryship (CS) and ICWA would also find the book very useful.
This book Useful for Management, CS students.
2. The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
3. The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970
4. The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
5. The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
6. The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946
7. The Apprentices Act, 1961
8. The Minimum Wages Act, 1948
9. The Payment of Wages Act, 1936
10. The Trade Unions Act, 1926
11. The Employees’ Compensation Act, 1923
12. The Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
13. The Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
14. The Factories Act, 1948