Introduction to Bioscience by Dr J P Sharma
Its practical approach to the application of bioscience techniques also makes it an excellent choice for researchers and professionals. Its conceptual clarity and the style of explanations make the abstract concepts accessible for a wide audience. This book is a comprehensive text highlighting key topics. It covers all major aspects of the field-molecular biology, genomics, proteomics, cell proliferation, genetic engineering, and human reproduction and reproductive health.
Audience of the Book :
This book has been written to meet the course on bioscience and bioengineering for B.E. and B.Tech students of various Indian universities.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Simple and holistic approach of the subject with illustrations and tables.
2. Simplicity of language which makes the subject easy for the engineering students.
3. Specially designed review questions are provided as supplement at the end of each chapter.
Table of Contents:
UNIT 1 : INTRODUCTION TO BIOSCIENCE
1. Introduction to Bioscience
2. Cell Structure and Function
3. Metabolic Engineering (Cellular Respiration)
UNIT 2 : MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, GENOMICS AND PROTEOMICS
4. DNA and RNA : The Molecular Basis of Heredity
5. Protein Synthesis : Central Dogma
UNIT 3 : CELL PROLIFERATION
6. Cell Division
UNIT 4 : GENETIC ENGINEERING
7. Introduction to Genetic Engineering
8. Gene Sequencing and Human Genome Project
UNIT 5 : HUMAN REPRODUCTION AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
9. Human Reproduction
10. Reproductive Health