| About The Book Introduction To Nanoscience And Nanotechnology
This compact introductory textbook in the emerging discipline of nano-science and nanotechnology, presents the fundamental principles and techniques to students of science and engineering. The book presents the information in a pedagogically sound manner, and is especially designed for students of M.Sc. (Physics) and M.Tech. courses in nanotechnology.
With the increasing applications of nonoscience and nanotechnology in the areas of biotechnology, electronics, integrated circuits, chemistry, physics, materials science, etc. the study of nanostructured materials is also becoming a core part of undergraduate and postgraduate courses of many science and engineering disciplines. The book emphasizes the underlying concepts of nanomaterials with neatly drawn diagrams and illustrations. Modern applications are included to highlight the relevance and importance of nanoscience and nanotechnology in everyday life. The book should therefore be of interest to students of several disciplines of science and engineering as well as research scholars.
Table of Contents:
2. CRYSTAL BONDING, STRUCTURE, GROWTH AND SYMMETRIES
3. BAND STRUCTURE AND DENSITY OF STATES AT NANOSCALE
4. ELECTRICAL TRANSPORT IN NANOSTRUCTURE
5. INTRODUCTORY QUANTUM MECHANICS FOR NANOSCIENCE
6. GROWTH TECHNIQUES OF NANOMATERIALS
7. CHARACTERIZATION TOOLS OF NANOMATERIALS
8. SOME SPECIAL TOPICS IN NANOTECHNOLOGY