The new Inquisitive Social Sciences Series for class 6, 7 and 8, meets the requirements of the new NCERT Upper Primary syllabus as also the guidelines of the New National Curriculum Framework (NCF). The book is suitable for all schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education, Council. Emphasizing the role played by social sciences in
helping children to understand the world in which they live.
Social Sciences encompass the diverse aspects of society and so include content from History, Geography and Social and Political life. Thus, it becomes essential to select and channelize material prudently into a meaningful Social Science curriculum for the school that will enable learners to develop a critical understanding of these diversities of society. This is a challenging task, given that the learners must compare them against their own experiences too.
• An integrated and thematic approach to give a balanced perspective to the study of Social Sciences.
• Contains elements of CCE (Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation) and includes material both for summative and formative assessments (different questions).
• Enlivens the subject with attractive layout, colourful illustrations schematic diagrams, relevant photographs and maps.
• Thought provoking exercises encourages self-learning and reinforces the knowledge base.
• Case studies allows for detailed reflection on the theme.
• Think, provides and opportunities for group discussion and debate. This will help the child to build upon his / her analytical skills.
• Add more, provides additional information to what curiosity. It also includes case studies for discussion and inference.
• Text contain a set of tasks guided by the ‘learning and doing’ approach. Imagine tasks, project, debate pictures studies and textual analyses are some of the methods used to enable the students to go beyond the classroom into the real world and challenge them to find out more.
• End of text exercises to test knowledge, understanding application and skill.
• Good living (life skills) based activities and questions are included to enable the empowerment of co-scholastic domains of the learners. It infobits on healthy living.
• HOTs (High Order Thinking) questions are given to encourage logical thinking and analytic proficiency. It enhances the investigation and independent learning skills.
• Let’s act / find out, encourage children to investigate additional dimensions through projects, activities, role play,
• The use of timeline to show the chronological sequence of historical developments.
• Conclusion to aid students in recapitulation
• Glossary helps in improving their vocabulary.