ISC Biotechnology For Class - XII by Tripathi, Saxena, Pandey
Biotechnology is one of the most exciting new sciences of this century. A career that is impacted by biotechnology is not just a job. It is an invitation to participate in the development of new products and processes that could improve the quality of human life as mush as any other discovery since the Industrial Revolution. Thus biotechnology is also called the “Biological Revolution”. Biotechnology is a research oriented field and there is a demand for researches, scientists and trained technicians with excellent lab skills. It has tremendous potential in improving human and animal health, increasing agricultural productivity and providing a safe and clean environment. Realizing these aspects the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations has introduced this as a new subject for the coming future.
Since biotechnology is a multidisciplinary and rapidly advancing area therefore well trained manpower is a prerequisite for meaningful R & D (Research and Development) and production in biotechnology. It also provides various career opportunities to its students such as – biotechnology business management, technology transfer personnel, patent attorney, clinical researches, bioinformatics, social scientists, teaching opportunities etc.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Class XII Students.
Table of Content:
1. Nucleic acids and their estimation
2. Central dogma of life and protein synthesis
3. Introduction to gene cloning and genetic engineering
4. Innovations in biotechnology
5. Biochemical techniques (Not in syllabus)
6. Gene analysis techniques
7. General tools and techniques used in cell culture technology
8. Microbial culture and its applications
9. Plant tissue culture and its applications
10. Germplasm conservation (Not in syllabus)
11. Animal cell culture and its applications
15. Biotechnology Practicals
16. Questions Based on Practicals