History is often introduced as a subject of chronological events of the past – covering prominent rulers, comparing different dynasties and civilizations, the rise and the fall of the empires and so on. But what makes it different from other subjects is its ability to pass on to its readers the challenges and experiences faced by the different dynasties and civilizations in different geographical locations. To students and learners, history provides cultural awareness and allows them to learn from the past.
Students can approach this subject in two ways: one can be to learn about the rulers, their empires and significant dates and events, and the other can be to gain more knowledge about diverse cultures, kingdoms etc.
The primary objective of ICSE Incredible History is to make the study of history enjoyable for its students with the usage of effective terms, interesting pictures, and useful activities. All these factors contribute to the growth of students and give them an opportunity to comprehend the past in an informed way.
This book Useful for Class VIII Students.
1. The Beginning of the Modern World
2. The Industrial Revolution and Rise of Imperialism
3. The Age of Revolution
4. The American Civil War
5. Decline of the Mughal Empire
6. Rise of Independent Regional Powers
7. Rise of British Power in Bengal
8. Expansion of British Power in India
9. British Policies and Their Impacts
10. The Revolt of 1857
11. Indian Renaissance: Social and Religious Reformers of India
12. Rise of Indian Nationalism
13. The Indian Nationalist Movement (1885–1916)
14. The Indian Nationalist Movement (1917–1934)
15. The Indian Nationalist Movement (1935–1947)
1. The Union Legislature
2. The Union Executive
3. The Judiciary
4. The United Nations
5. Specialised Agencies of the United Nations