IBPS PO Previous Year Question Papers
The IBPS PO examination is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel annually for selecting suitable candidates for the post of Probationary Officer. The IBPS PO
is one of the most difficult competitive exams in the country designed to judge candidates on parameters of quantitative aptitude, reasoning, general awareness and English. Throw a large number of applicants in the mix, and you have at quite an uphill
task at hand. Therefore, a well-thought- out preparation strategy is the cornerstone for success, and solving IBPS PO previous year
an important element of this preparation strategy. Not only do these IBPS PO
helps strengthen one’s knowledge of different concepts but also goes a long way in understanding how to apply these concepts to different questions.
The IBPS PO Exam Pattern
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection changed the IBPS PO
examination pattern 2017 onward, which makes familiarising yourself with the exam pattern even more pertinent. The IBS PO
selection process is divided into three phases – preliminary, main and personal interview. Candidates are not only required to clear the overall exam to qualify for the next phase but also need to make it past the sectional cutoff score for every section
for both the written exams.
The preliminary exam for IBPS PO carries a total of 100 marks that are divided into three sections – English 30 marks, quantitative aptitude 35 marks and reasoning ability 35 marks. Candidates are awarded 1 mark for every correct answer and stand to lose
0.25 marks for every wrong one. The duration of the preliminary exam is 1 hour, which means you have less than a minute to spend on each question.
The main examination is divided into five sections and there is specific time duration for completing each section. The English section is further divided into two sub-sections – language and essay and letter writing. The English language section comprises
35 questions carrying 40 marks and a time limit of 40 minutes, whereas the essay and letter writing section has only two questions of 25 marks and the time limit is 30 minutes. For Data Analysis and Interpretation, you get 45 minutes to answer 35 questions
carrying 60 marks. In General awareness, the break up is 35 minutes for answering 40 questions carrying one mark each. And finally, for Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, you get 60 minutes to answer 45 questions carrying 60 marks. The total duration
of the exam is 210 minutes and the total weightage is 225 marks.
The Right Approach to Solving IBPS PO Past Pear Papers
The IBPS PO exam can be quite extracting. Trick questions coupled with a constant race against the clock to the finish line put the difficulty level of this exam on the higher end of the spectrum. That’s why you need a structured approach for solving
the IBPS PO previous
- Analyse the IBPS PO syllabus vis-a-vis the IBPS PO question papers to understand the nature of questions.
- Go through several sets of IBPS PO previous year papers to identify which questions (if any) or types of questions are repeated year after year. Focus on mastering their solutions.
- Attempt questions and sections you are most confident about, eventually moving on to the more challenging ones.
- Treat these practice attempts like the actual exam. Focus on finishing within the stipulated time, which means shaking off the tendency of being stuck on any question for too long.
- At the end, revisit the questions you could not attempt the first time, if you still have some time to spare.
- Carry out an unbiased assessment of your performance every time you attempt IBPS PO
- Make note of your mistakes and work on correcting them.
Advantages of Solving IBPS PO Previous Year Papers
When it is an exam as tough as the IBPS PO, more than your preparation your ability to perform under pressure counts. Here’s how solving IBPS PO question papers can help:
- It will help you get familiar with the latest exam pattern.
- It will help you understand the intricacies of the examination better.
- You will get a reality check on your preparedness.
- Practicing with IBPS PO previous year papers will help you know the ropes of this competitive exam like the back of your hand.
At KopyKitab, you get IBPS PO previous year question papers pdf download options for both prelims and main in English as well as Hindi. In addition, we have also handpicked some of the best IBPS PO previous year solved papers that can put you on
the right path to approaching and cracking this all-important examination.