The book Fundamentals of Waste and Environmental Engineering discusses the design and operation of engineering hardware and facilities for pollution control. It covers fundamentals of mesophillc and thermophilic bioprocessing of wastes. The book highlights the ways to control and minimize unwanted pollution and includes research-generated information and data. It also provides outcome of a national training programme on biotechnology treatments of biowastes, jointly conducted by DBEB, IIT Delhi, and CPCB, MEF, Government of India. Theoretical, multichoice and practice tutorial numerical are also included in the book.
This book Useful for Environmental Engineering student.
1. Introduction to Waste and Environmental Crisis
2. Water, Wastewater, and Non-aqueous Liquids
3. Solid/Semisolid Waste Treatments/Management for Business Developments
4. Environmental Variance and Effects of Pollution on Living Human Genomic Body/Bioreactors
5. Pollution: Parameters, Abatements, and Treatments
6. Air Pollution and Its Abatement
7. Wastes to Value-added Products
8. Waste Heat Treatments and Utilizations
9. Theoretical, Numerical, and Multiple-choice Questions on Wastes and Treatments