| About The Book Fundamentals Of Compressible Fluid Dynamics
Compressible Fluid Dynamics (or Gas Dynamics) has a wide range of applications in Mechanical, Aeronautical and Chemical Engineering.It plays a significant role in the design and development of compressors, turbines, missiles, rockets and aircrafts.
This comprehensive and systematically organized book gives a clear analysis of the fundamental principles of Compressible Fluid Dynamics. It discusses in rich detail such topics as isentropic, Fanno, Rayleigh, simple and generalised one-dimensional flows. Besides, it covers topics such as conservation laws for compressible flow, normal and oblique shock waves, and measurement in compressible flow. Finally, the book concludes with detailed discussions on propulsive devices.
The text is amply illustrated with worked-out examples, tables and diagrams to enable the students to comprehend the subject with ease.
Intended as a text for undergraduate students of Mechanical, Aeronautical and Chemical Engineering, the book would also be extremely useful for practising engineers.
• The basic principles are dealt with in a clear and easy-to-understand style.
• Review questions are given at the end of each chapter to drill the students in self-study.
• Problems with hints have been provided to develop the students' problem solving skills.
Table of Contents:
1. Fundamental Principles.
2. Conservation Laws for Compressible Flow.
3. Concepts of Compressible Flow.
4. Isentropic Flow.
5. Fanno Flow.
6. Rayleigh Flow.
7. Simple Flow with Mass Addition.
8. Generalised One- Dimensional Flow.
9. Normal Shock Waves.
10. Oblique Shock Waves.
11. Flow through Nozzles and Diffuser.
12. Measurement in Compressible Flow.
13. Air Breathing Propulsion.
14. Rocket Propulsion.