| About The Book Corporate Governance In India
This compact and concise text, now in its third edition, continues to give a clear analysis of the principles and practices of corporate governancethe corporate governance practices prevalent in India as well as in other industrialized countries around the globe.
The book begins with an introduction to corporate governance, and then moves on to describe the evolution of corporate governance system. It gives a detailed description of the principles, philosophy, structure and the process of corporate governance. The text also contains sample study analyses of some listed Indian companies under BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty. Besides, it provides recommendations of various national committees on corporate governance reforms.
In this edition, a new chapter on Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability has been added.
Primarily intended for the students of management, law and commerce, the book can also be used by professionals, regulatory authorities and policy-makers.
KEY FEATURES :
Outlines a road map for Indian companies to achieve international standards of corporate governance.
Provides an explorative and evaluative study on the standards and practices of corporate governance in India.
Includes figures and tables to give a better understanding of the concepts discussed.
Table of Contents:
|Foreword Preface Preface to the First Edition List of Abbreviations|
2. Evolution of Corporate Governance in India
3. Corporate GovernanceThe Conceptual Issues
4. Corporate Governance Code The World OverVarious Committees Reports, A Comparative Study
5. Corporate Governance in IndiaVarious Committees RecommendationsA Critical Analysis of Various Regulations and Enactments and Suggestions for Improvement
6. Corporate Governance Practice in IndiaA Case Study of Selected Listed Companies for the Financial Year 20042005
7. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability
8. Suggestions and Conclusions
1. List of Important SEBI Regulations
2. Corporate Governance Systems: The USA, The UK, Germany and Japan
3. Impact of International Committees Recommendations on National Committees Recommendations and Enactments in India on Corporate Governance
4. A Snapshot of Clause 49 of SEBI Listing Agreement
5. Information to be placed Before Board of Directors (Annexure 1A of
Clause 49 of SEBI Listing Agreement)
6. Format of Quarterly Compliance Report on Corporate Governance (Annexure IB of Clause 49 of SEBI Listing Agreement
7. Suggested list of items to be included in the Report on Corporate Governance in the Annual Report of Companies (Annexure IC of Clause 49)
8. Board Structure of Selected Companies in 20042005Industrywise (Listed under BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty)
9. Board Strength of Executive Directors, Non-Executive Directors and Independent Directors of Selected Companies in 20042005 (Listed under BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty)